- 90s Animal Planet: Animals are cool, kids! They can be your friends! But watch out, some are dangerous! Ooh, watch Jeff Corwin handle the most venomous snake in Africa! Aw, look at the tiger babies! Oh, let's learn about conserving the environment! Remember kids, we must respect this planet, because it's the animals' home as well!
- 2013 Animal Planet: ANIMALS WILL FUCKING KILL YOU. And guess what? PARASITES WILL TOO! Yes I know those aren't really animals, I guess. OH YEAH HERE'S SOME PSEUDO-SCIENCE ABOUT BIGFOOT. He's an animal too, right? WATCH THIS WOMAN GET EATEN BY HER PET CHIMPANZEE. ANIMALS ARE SCARY, KIDS. BE CAUTIOUS AROUND YOUR PET LIZARD OK. oh look kittens!
- 90s History Channel: Here kids, we're gonna talk about this society today. History from all time periods and all countries. Isn't this stuff fascinating? Watch us dig up a tomb!
- Early 2000's History Channel: So there's this guy named Hitler. And he's pretty bad. Let us tell you how bad Hitler is. Hitler. Hitler. Hitler. Hitler. More Hiltler. Hey have you heard about this guy named Hitler?
- 2013 History Channel: Aliens moonshiners aliens rednecks aliens pawnshops aliens aliens aliens hey have we mentioned aliens because aliens
- 2014 History Channel: Was Hitler an Alien?
neo-sigma asked: One of the things that's annoying about Tumblr is that when one clarifies something, most people end up missing the note and they keep goin' ape. :/
we as a society need to start talking about abusive friendships, bc those exist and seem to be really common
and most people in them dont know how do deal w the abuse bc its normally emotional abuse which.gets delegitimized, and its a platonic relationship and not a romo or sexual one, so it gets delegitimized for that too
catussnake asked: interesting fact about me I am absolute shit at going to the doctor. I did not go to the doctor when I had Lyme disease as a kid. I did not go to the doctor for a sprained ankle. I have bad hearing and I went to the doctor and he referred me to a specialist and I never went. disclaimer I make bad choices and nobody should follow my example
catussnake I do not think you are alone, don’t worry :I
I avoided the doctor for a long time after a PARTICULARLY AWKWARD incident. Like, British comedy awkward. (TMI to follow, you have been warned.)
I had what was potentially a very badly ingrown hair down there, potentially an abscess (I had had a similar thing elsewhere and it hurt like hell), so I decided to go to the doctor. I waited for quite a long while in the waiting room until I was called in. The nurse asked me to take off my skirt, stockings and undergarments, to lie down on the table with the piece of paper over me, and said that the doctor would be in shortly.
So, I waited. Half naked. FOR FIFTY MINUTES. Panties slung over a chair. Wondering if the apocalypse had erupted outside, and if the thick office walls were dulling the screams or something.
Nope. The doctor eventually came in. No, sauntered. He had an extra large cup of Tim’s coffee in one hand, and a donut in the other. Slugging down the dregs of his coffee, he put the cup on the desk beside me, and then tugged down the sheet and began poking and squeezing, etc.
HE WAS EATING THE DONUT. HE HAD ONE HAND ALL OVER MY LADY PARTS, AND WITH THE OTHER WAS CHOMPING ON A FUCKING DOUBLE GLAZE AND SPRINKLING MY FUCKING CLAM BAKE WITH CRUMBS. Then he began licking his fucking fingers and it was REALLY AWKWARD AND I DUNNO, DIDN’T SEEM SANITARY?! Or… professional?!
Anyway, he wrote me a prescription with his non-sugar-glazed hand and waddled off. I just kinda… lay there for a minute, processing the weird encounter. Needless to say, I avoided that office for a while. :0